Model: A40 Countryman
Donated to Museum by: Family of Sid Laturnus
History: This 1953 Austin A40 Countryman was built for the North American Market and sold by the Fred Deeley Motors Dealership. The Dealership was established in 1917 on West Broadway in Vancouver to sell British cars
The Countryman is thought to have had first duty with the BC Forest service as a vehicle for Timber Cruisers and Ministry of Forest Inspectors.
Sid Laturnus purchased the Austin in 1988 and performed a frame off restoration over the next 7 years. We are lucky to have this on display for everyone to enjoy!